PESA aims to advance educational theory, policy, and practice. Our members promote and advance research and teaching in the philosophy of education. They encourage scholarship and critique, providing a supportive environment for students and academics in the field.
Membership is international, open to those with a demonstrable interest in philosophy of education. Our current rules are available for download as a PDF on the constitution page.
PESA membership annual subscription fee has three options based on your income & all provide the same benefits:
1. Income below AU$50,000 pa = AU$80.00
2. Income between AU$50-100,000 pa = AU$120.00
3. Income over AU$100,000 pa = AU$150.00
The Society is funded mainly from income generated through its flagship journal, Educational Philosophy and Theory (EPAT) and related publications.
Free subscription to Educational Philosophy and Theory (print version: 14 issues per year, and access to the online version). This is the official journal of PESA.
- Use our online portal to read 5 other online journals:
- British Journal of Sociology of Education
- Comparative Education
- Ethics and Education
- Journal of Curriculum Studies
- Journal of Education Policy
- Discounted conference fees.
- Free publication in the open access journal Open Review of Educational Research
- Opportunities to publish academic works cooperatively.
- Display your publications and events on the PESA website.
- Doctoral scholarships, awards and grants.
- Notification about conferences, events, and publications.
You can join PESA at any time of the year. Membership requires an annual payment, depending on your income level, at either $80, $120 or $150 Australian Dollars.
All PESA membership payments require a credit card. We use eWay secure system for all our online payments and PESA does not store any of your credit card details.
Renew Membership anytime. Login with your username and password to access the renewal option in the submenu of the membership section where you are now.
Membership is for 12 months - if you renew early, 12 months is added to your expiry date so you can renew whenever you like.