The society provides several types of scholarships and awards that support doctoral and postrgraduate students to advance serious philosophical discussion about education.
- Doctoral Scholarship: One doctoral scholarship will be offered to a student working at a high level in educational philosophy and theory each year at the value of AUD10,000.
- Research grants: Funding may be provided for editing, research materials, assistance with travel, attending writing retreats, and other activities that the sub-committee determines to be relevant.
- High-quality doctoral/postgraduate presentations awards: Awards may be given to high-quality presentations given by doctoral/postgraduate students at PESA conferences.
For more information on the PESA Doctoral and Postgraduate Research Activities and Presentation Awards see the policy document here.
The application deadline for the scholarship and grant is 1 September.
The aims of PESA
(1) The objects of the Society are-
(a) to promote the advancement of, and research and teaching in, the Philosophy of Education;
(b) to organise meetings and conferences on topics of interest to Philosophy of Education;
(c) to provide a clearinghouse of relevant published information, including a register of members, their qualifications, publications and appointments; and
(d) to publish appropriate material related to Philosophy of Education in the Society's journal Educational Philosophy and Theory and in other appropriate forms of publication.
Accordingly, in the spirit of (1) (a)-(d), the PESA Executive welcomes requests from members for financial support to host conferences, seminars, symposia, and other events consistent with the objects of the Society. The PESA Execeutive also applications from members for grants to support research projects in philosophy of education. PESA also offers an annual Book award to encourage publication of works in the philosophy of education.
Please see the following links for guidelines and information on how to apply for our available awards and grants.
- Book Awards
- Research Grants (Application form)
- Support for hosting conferences, symposia and seminars
Applications for the book award close each year on 1 June.
Funding applications for grants are accepted throughout the year.